Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Road Trip and The Trial

When the trial first began in February, 2005 all I could really do was pray that Michael would get through this, that the verdict would be good, and that maybe this would be the way for him to find the truth, but I was also worried about him. I did not want him to spend 20 years in prison. Michael's kids needed him.

In March of 2005, my family and I set out on a road trip across the country. We traveled from our home state of Maryland to Oklahoma. From there we traveled to Arizona, then to Nevada, California, Colorado, and Missouri.

During that time, I could not get much information about the trial, and I was very concerned about how Michael was taking it because he was sensitive. Speaking from my own experience with sensitivity, sensitive people can get their feelings hurt very easily, and they take things harder than can be possibly be imagined.

There actually really was a time when Michael admitted that he could get easily embarrassed. It was stated in this way," I am just like everyone else. I cut, I bleed, and I embarrass easily." I can not imagine how hurt Michael must have been in hearing those people accuse him of things he did not do for there was also a time when he said," I will say again that I have never and will never harm a child. It makes me sick that people have written these untrue things about me."

The only time I did get something was when we were in Arizona, and I saw an reenactment of the trial.

Until the road trip ended in the middle of May, praying was all I could really do.

When I heard about Michael's acquittal and that he was going to stop sharing his bed, I was so relieved, but I was still worried. I knew the process Satan had with celebrities.

Satan finds some way to destroy them. He tries to destroy everyone, but celebrities are his prime target because of their great talents. If a celebrity gets saved, he can use his talents and lead millions to Jesus. That's why Satan does not want them to get saved.

For some celebrities, like Michael, Satan uses them for a while and then he destroys them. I took the acquittal as a sign that Satan was done using Michael, and now he was going to start trying to destroy him.

I thought to myself," There has got to be a reason that I can see the truth behind this situation."

I knew then, that if I was ever given a chance to show Michael the truth, I would most definitely try.

No comments:

Post a Comment