Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Salvation Letter

In July of, 2005, we started going to another church that was called New Covenant Church of God because my parents wanted to be part of a church that was closer to home. My family took to it right away, but I had a hard time with it at first. When we became part of the youth group, the youth pastor became our good friend. His name was Jimmy Akers. When he heard about my prayers for Michael's soul, he asked if I knew my prayers were having any effect. I said that I had heard nothing about Michael since since he was acquitted. Jimmy suggested that I should look on the internet. I told him that I did not have much interest in the internet. Jimmy said that he would look for me.

In the middle of August, Jimmy told me that he had found a website called M.J.J. Source.com, and that there was something on it that would allow a person to send Michael a message. Jimmy suggested that I should write Michael a letter, and he would send it on the website.

The letter idea actually began the year before when my Dad told me a story about when he was a teenager. He was a big fan of a singer named Linda Ronstat. There was a time when he was in church and the pastor said that Linda Ronstat was having a real hard time with life. When my Dad got home that day, he started writing her a letter. He told her about God and the whole plan of salvation. He never had a chance to send the letter, but I was actually given a chance to send mine, and show Michael the truth.

While writing the letter, I felt like it was good to begin with telling Michael that I was a fan of his and about the fact that whenever I could, I would watch him on the news. As for music, the only thing I had was a remix of the History Album. So I said that I had his greatest hits CD. I also said that when I saw the Wiz I thought that he was the best scarecrow.

I felt that it was also important to tell Michael I really believed that he loved his children and would never hurt them. They would never want anyone else for a father.

Before I began trying to tell him the truth, I believed that I had to tell him that I did not want to hurt his feelings because I knew that this would be hard for him to hear.

When I tried to explain salvation, I got many ideas from a passage explaining salvation I had copied out of the first Left Behind book. The explanation seemed to come to me fluently. The way I wanted it to sound was a way that was straight forward but mostly gentle and understanding.

I even explained that sometimes Michael's actions and choices were not right but Satan had made him think that they were good. Michael had allowed them to be part of his life because he had not received Jesus as his savior. I explained only the actions and choices I believed were the most important. What I explained was the fact that Satan had made Michael think that drugs could give him strength to live longer when really they were destroying him. Satan had also made him think that Muslims would make good staff members, when in reality Muslims were Satan's worshippers and a distraction from the right path of life.

The paragraph, in the letter, I was the most serious about was the one when I was trying to be considerate about all the pain that Michael was holding inside, particularly from the past but also from what hade just happened. I also knew that even though he had been acquitted, there were people in the world who thought that he was guilty, and wherever he went he would have to be aware of them. Then I explained that if he would receive Jesus his wounds would all be healed.

I ended the letter with telling Michael that this was a decision he had to make and I hoped that he would make the right one. Then I said," When I go to Heaven I hope that I will find you among the people that I will see you."

Jimmy sent the letter on the website on August 27th that year, 2005.

There was not much chance of getting an answer but I hoped it would be possible. I just knew the only thing I could do then was "pray." I knew that there would be a day when Michael would go on trial again but this time before God. If the verdict was bad, the result would not be 20 years in prison, but eternity in a pit of fire.

The next two pages is the complete letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment