Monday, July 26, 2010

Your Prayers Were Answered

 What bothered me the most about Michael's death was the fact that I did not know where Michael was spending eternity.

 I had hoped that Michael was going to answer my letter saying that it had helped him see the truth and he had made the right decision. Since that did not happen, I felt like I would have to spend the rest of my life afraid of the possibility that when I got to Heaven I would not find him. I needed to know now!

 I had just bought a movie called "Escape from Hell" which is about a doctor that does not believe in Hell. When his father unexpectedly dies, he wants to know where his father is because he is having nightmares of seeing his father burning in Hell. For the doctor to find out, he puts himself into a coma. After getting a glimpse of Heaven and Hell an angel comes to him and says, "Your father is with us and he loves you like your Heavenly Father does." The doctor wakes up and then gets saved.

 I needed a sign or a message from God saying that my prayers and my letter had done what they were suppose to do.

 I knew that life did not run like it does in the movies but if that doctor could get his answers, why couldn't I have mine?

 The following Sunday, during praise and worship at church, when a song started named "We Cry Out", my fear came to my mind again and when a part came that said, "we rely on your grace," my tears started pouring. The thought came to my mind that God was real merciful but he would not break his own rules by letting someone into Heaven that was not saved.

 I went up to the front of the crowd, sat down, and kept on crying as the song went on.

 Near the end of the song a woman, that I had never seen before, came up to me and said,"God wants you to know that your prayers were answered." When she walked back into the crowd, my fear started leaving.

 I know that message was from God because I did not know that woman, and she did not know me or what my problem was. I also know that God speaks through different people.

It also caused me to believe that despite Ian Halperin's not so promising description of Michael's final days, and despite what others might say, there must have been a time when Michael had cried out to God and was able to get saved sometime before he died.

 Maybe the day before he died when I made myself a stuffed dolphin and the employee at the booth told me to make a wish to place inside the dolphin before it was closed. What I had wished for was that Michael would get saved.

 I also believe that Michael is in Heaven because if he was not, God would not have sent me that message.

 There is also the fact that I loved Michael very much. Life does not run the way it does in the movies, but there is one thing they show that is definetly true. Love is the most powerful force, it conquers everything thing, and it never fails as it says in the Bible in 1Corinthians 13:7.

 I am absolutely sure that the day I step into Heaven I will find him, like I had hoped, and that we are going to be what I had always believed we would be if we had ever met, "The best of friends, forever." I can't wait for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment